October 10-12, 2003
We're glad you'll be joining us at Koinonia Partners and hope you're
looking forward to a weekend of fellowship and relaxation. Because the
focus of the weekend is on connecting with others, there's not much
you need to do to prepare. Here's the short list:
* Bring any materials or displays about your work that you'd like
* Bring casual, comfortable clothes-remember, Koinonia is a farm. There's
time in the schedule for a stroll down the peace trail or for a run
or other exercise, so bring clothes for that if you want. And you'll
likely be sharing a room, so pack your pajamas accordingly.
* You needn't bring bed linens, but it would be helpful (not essential)
if you brought your own bath towel. Also helpful but not essential are
flashlights and bug repellent.
* Bring stuff to share for the "unstructured social time" in the schedule: dominoes or board games, guitar and songbook, etc.
* Saturday night is "movie night". We're bringing a few selections
on non-violence, Connie Curry's documentary on the struggle to desegregate
Mississippi schools, etc. If you have a video or documentary that we
can put on the list to select from, please bring it.
* We'll start after breakfast, take a break in the afternoon for exercise
or other relaxation, and finish around 8:30, so plan for a little down
Here's the short list of what NOT to bring:
* Pumps, stockings, or a tie.
* Expectations for a fast-paced, packed weekend.
* Extra cash, unless you want to go into town Saturday night or purchase
some of Koinonia Partners' yummy pecan specialties.
* You can bring your stress, but don't plan on leaving with it!
Feel free to arrive as early as 5:00. Supper will be served from 6:00-6:30,
and we'll start a short "get to know you" session as soon
as we finish supper. On Sunday, we'll wrap up in time to have lunch
before you hit the road by about 1:00.
You can find directions to Koinonia Partners on their site: http://www.koinoniapartners.org/directions.html.
I've also put directions at the end of this email. If you trust Mapquest,
the address is 1324 Georgia Highway 49 South, Americus, 31719. Koinonia's
phone number is 229-924-0391. If someone needs to contact you outside
of business hours, they should call 229-924-0491. I'll have my work
cell phone with me and that number is 404-556-0768, but be forewarned,
cell coverage is spotty out there.
I think that covers most everything. I've attached a draft agenda,
which might answer some of your questions. It's still tentative, in
part because I'm waiting to hear from our special guests from the Florida
Coalition for Peace and Justice (!) about their schedule. If I've left
out information that you need, just ask. I look forward to meeting you